: being a single unit or thing
: being one in particular
- The Grand Canyon is one place I'd like to visit.
: being preeminently what is indicated
- She is one tough teacher.
: being the same in kind or quality
- "Puma" and "cougar" are different names for one animal.
: constituting a unified entity of two or more components
- The combined elements form one substance.
: being in agreement or union
: some 1
- will see you again one day
: being a certain individual specified by name
- one John Doe made a speech
: only 2a
- the one person she wanted to marry