stand on one's own two feetidiom
Definition of stand on one's own two feet
: to support oneself without help from other people You can't live with your parents forever. It's time to get a place of your own and learn to stand on your own two feet.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game