come to one's sensesidiom
Definition of come to one's senses
: to begin to think in a sensible or correct way after being foolish or wrong He finally came to his senses and gave up his plans to quit his job and become an artist. When will you come to your senses? Don't you realize that she's been lying to you?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game