keep one's chin upidiom
Definition of keep one's chin up
: to stay cheerful and hopeful during difficult times He's still keeping his chin up despite all his health problems. (Keep your) chin up! Everything will work out for the best.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game