break one's neckidiom
Definition of break one's neck
: to cause one's neck bone to crack or break He fell off the roof and broke his neck. —sometimes used in speech to tell someone he or she could get hurt Stop jumping on the bed. You're going to break your neck.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game