get it into/through one's thick skullidiom
Definition of get it into/through one's thick skull
: to realize or understand You need to get it into/through your thick skull that you can't just sit there and expect everyone else to do your work for you!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game