lose one's gripidiom
Definition of lose one's grip
: to lose control of one's thoughts and emotions : to lose one's ability to think or behave in a normal way I've never seen him so confused and indecisive—he really seems to be losing his grip. The patient seems to be losing his grip on reality.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?