close/dear/near to one's heartidiom
Definition of close/dear/near to one's heart
: very personally and emotionally important to one This topic is one that's very close to my heart. The school is very near and dear to her heart.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game