not a/one bitidiom
variants: or not (in) the least/smallest/slightest/tiniest bit
Definition of not a/one bit
: not at all It didn't interest me a bit. I'm not the least bit interested in this movie.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game