roll up one's sleevesidiom
Definition of roll up one's sleeves
1 : to fold up the ends of one's shirt sleeves to make them shorter
2 informal : to prepare to work hard It's time to roll up our sleeves and get the job done.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game