open one's mindidiom
Definition of open one's mind
: to become able to understand different ideas or ways of thinking She encourages her students to open their minds and try to see things from new perspectives. —often + to Open your mind to the possibility that you both may be right.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game