if one knows what's good for oneidiom
Definition of if one knows what's good for one
: if a person wants to avoid trouble, problems, etc. You'll take my advice if you know what's good for you. She'll forget about the whole thing if she knows what's good for her.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?