Definition of practice what one preaches
: to act according to the way one tells other people to act Practice what you preach—don't smoke if you tell your children not to smoke.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Keeping 'Vane,' 'Vain,' and 'Vein' Properly Circulating
- Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble: On ‘Kettling’
- Can ‘Criteria’ Ever Be Singular?
- The Words of the Week - 7/10/20
Ask the Editors
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- A More Exception(al) Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game