to the best of one's beliefidiom
Definition of to the best of one's belief
—saying something is to the best of one's belief means it agrees with what one knows and believes to be true To the best of my belief, everyone arrived on time.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?