heart in one's mouthidiom
Definition of heart in one's mouth
: to be very excited or nervous about something anticipated He waited for her arrival with his heart in his mouth. You sure don't seem relaxed—in fact, it seems like your heart is in your mouth.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game