one after anotheridiom
Definition of one after another
1 : in a continuing series The buses kept arriving, one after another. One person after another walked out of the concert.
2 : each one in a continuing series One after another of her friends got married and moved away.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game