one for the roadnoun phrase
Definition of one for the road
—used to refer to an alcoholic beverage that a person drinks just before leaving a place I'll just have one (more) for the road.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game