look before one leapsidiom
Definition of look before one leaps
: to think or learn about the possible bad results of an action before doing it If you're planning to invest in your friend's company, I advise you to look before you leap.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game