put one foot in front of the otheridiom
Definition of put one foot in front of the other
: to walk especially when it is difficult It's a long hike, but we'll get there if we just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game