clean one's plateidiom
Definition of clean one's plate
: to eat all the food on one's plate The children were not allowed to have dessert until they had cleaned their plates.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game