in one's (own) sweet timeidiom
Definition of in one's (own) sweet time
chiefly US, informal
: as slowly as one wants even though other people want one to act more quickly She'll do what you want, but in her own sweet time.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game