put/stick/raise one's head above the parapetidiom
Definition of put/stick/raise one's head above the parapet
: to do or say something one thinks is important even though it may have bad results I'll put my head above the parapet to defend him.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game