put/stick that in your pipe and smoke itidiom
Definition of put/stick that in your pipe and smoke it
—used to tell someone that he or she must accept what one says is true even though he or she might not like it or agree with it "It's a stupid movie." "Oh really? Well it was just nominated for an Oscar, so put/stick that in your pipe and smoke it!"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game