have one's way withidiom
Definition of have one's way with
: to do exactly what one wants to do to or with (something or someone) especially : to have sex with (someone, and especially someone over whom one has control, influence, etc.) He has had his way with many women.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game