Definition of one's keep
: the amount of money a person needs to pay for food, clothing, a place to live, etc. —used in the phrase earn one's keep She's been living off her parents long enough. It's time for her to get a job and start earning her keep.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game