escape one's attentionidiom
Definition of escape one's attention
: to fail to be noticed by someone That mistake escaped my attention. —often used in negative statements Your hard work and dedication have not escaped my attention. I'm aware of how much you have done.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game