take (someone) under one's wingidiom
Definition of take (someone) under one's wing
: to help, teach, or take care of (someone who is younger or has less experience) He took the rookie pitcher under his wing.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game