get down on one's (hands and) kneesidiom
Definition of get down on one's (hands and) knees
: to kneel down If you want to clean the floor properly, you have to get down on your (hands and) knees and start scrubbing.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game