time is on one's sideidiom
Definition of time is on one's side
—used to say that a person will have a good chance of success because he or she can wait until a situation improves House prices are all dropping, and in the case of home buyers, time is on their side.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game