do one's jobidiom
Definition of do one's job
: to properly do the work one is supposed to do Just do your job and don't ask questions. We wouldn't be having these problems if everyone had just done their job/jobs.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game