are/keep/stay one jump aheadidiom
Definition of are/keep/stay one jump ahead
: to have advantage over someone by learning about or doing something new The company has continued to be successful because it always stays one jump ahead of its competitors.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game