keep one's side of the bargainidiom
Definition of keep one's side of the bargain
: to honor a promise : do what one has agreed to do You're allowed to go to the football game tonight, but I expect you to keep your side of the bargain and clean your room.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game