open one's eyesidiom
Definition of open one's eyes
: to begin to notice or be aware of something important You need to open your eyes and face the truth. —often + to We have to open our eyes to these problems and stop ignoring them.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game