Definition of open one's doors
1 : to allow someone to enter The country has opened its doors to immigrants. local churches that open their doors to the homeless in the winter months
2 of a business or organization : to open for business : to begin operating The new store will be opening its doors next month.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game