open one's doorsidiom
Definition of open one's doors
1 : to allow someone to enter The country has opened its doors to immigrants. local churches that open their doors to the homeless in the winter months
2 of a business or organization : to open for business : to begin operating The new store will be opening its doors next month.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?