raise one's voiceidiom
Definition of raise one's voice
: to speak loudly especially because one is angry Don't you raise your voice at me! The baby is sleeping, so try not to raise your voice. Many people raised their voices in protest.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game