have eyes in the back of one's headidiom
Definition of have eyes in the back of one's head
—used to say a person has seen or noticed something that is behind him or her How did you know we were here? You must have eyes in the back of your head!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game