get/lay one's hands onidiom
Definition of get/lay one's hands on
: to find, get, or control (someone or something) I'm still trying to lay my hands on my car keys. He couldn't wait to get his hands on her money. Wait until I get my hands on you. You'll really be in trouble.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game