count one's blessingsidiom
Definition of count one's blessings
: to make a special effort to appreciate the good things in one's life I try to remember to count my blessings every day. You escaped the fire? Well, count your blessings!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game