find one's mark/targetidiom
Definition of find one's mark/target
: to hit a target that was aimed for The bullet found its target. —often used figuratively Her angry reaction showed that his criticisms had found their mark.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game