how should/would one knowidiom
Definition of how should/would one know
—used to say that one does not know something and should not be expected to know the answer "Did you ask him where that came from?" "How would he know?!""Where are the neighbors going? " "How would I know?!"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?