from one extreme to the otheridiom
Definition of from one extreme to the other
—used to say that something that is beyond what is normal or reasonable in one extreme changes to something that is in an opposite amount or degree beyond what is normal or reasonable His mood changed/swung from one extreme to the other.The weather can go from one extreme to the other.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game