from one extreme to the otheridiom
Definition of from one extreme to the other
—used to say that something that is beyond what is normal or reasonable in one extreme changes to something that is in an opposite amount or degree beyond what is normal or reasonable His mood changed/swung from one extreme to the other.The weather can go from one extreme to the other.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game