to one's knowledgeidiom
Definition of to one's knowledge
: according to what one knows —usually used in negative statements "Did anyone arrive late?" "Not to my knowledge."No one arrived late to my knowledge.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game