have/keep an/one's eye out foridiom
Definition of have/keep an/one's eye out for
: to hope to see or find (someone or something) I'm keeping an eye out for a good cheap used car. He'll be here soon, so keep your eye out for him.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?