a twinkle in one's eyeidiom
Definition of a twinkle in one's eye
: a friendly or happy expression in one's eyes He always talks about his children with a twinkle in his eye. Her grandchildren put a twinkle in her eye.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?