the end of one's ropenoun phrase
Definition of the end of one's rope
: a state in which one is not able to deal with a problem, difficult situation, etc., any longer It was clear from her outburst that she was at the end of her rope. I've been dealing with their lies for too long. I'm at the end of my rope.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game