know/feel in one's bonesidiom
Definition of know/feel in one's bones
: to have a strong feeling about something : sense very strongly He knew in his bones that he was wrong. She felt in her bones that nothing had changed.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game