laugh on the other side of one's faceidiom
Definition of laugh on the other side of one's face
—used to say that a situation will change and someone will stop being happy or pleased You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when I've finished with you!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?