get one's life togetheridiom
Definition of get one's life together
: to begin to live in a good and sensible way : to stop being confused, foolish, etc. If she doesn't get her life together pretty soon, she's going to lose her kids.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game