(what) with one thing and anotheridiom
Definition of (what) with one thing and another
—used to say that one has been very busy doing or dealing with many things What with one thing and another, I haven't had a chance to buy them a wedding gift.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game