blot one's copybookidiom
Definition of blot one's copybook
: to harm one's own reputation The star football player blotted his copybook by using bad language in an interview.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- April 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game